Bittersweet Ski Resort is located at:
600 River Road
Otsego, MI 49078
Bittersweet Ski Resort is a resort and recreational facility in Otsego, MI. The resort contains 350 vertical feet, 20 runs, 7 chairs lifts, 2 wonder carpets, and 2 rope tows. The indoor lodge is where you'll find the restaurant, bar, and the full service ski shop. We have certified Ski Patrol fully staffed at all times ready to help at the drop of a snowflake. We offer private, semi-private, and group lessons through our onsite ski school, where all lessons are taught by certified ski instructors.
Come on out to Bittersweet and enjoy the snow with us!
COVID-19 Policy at Bittersweet
Bittersweet is planning on opening for the 20/21 season. With the safety of our guests, employees and community front of mind, we are excited to welcome skiers and riders back to Bittersweet with new policies and procedures in place. Below is what you can expect when you visit Bittersweet this year.
*Please note that this operating plan is subject to change as restrictions evolve. We will do all we can to keep our staff and guests safe will still providing the opportunity for skiers and riders to enjoy the slopes.
- Be Courteous to others at all times
- Face covering will be required:
- The Lift/Rental Lines
- The Chairlift Chair
- During Lessons
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- No single rider lines, and you will be asked to ride with who you came with.
- More outdoor seating has been made available this season.
- Please check the website for hours of operation, snow conditions, and operating policies before visiting.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required indoors.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in common areas
- Staff will regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces and common areas.
- Seating will be configured to allow for distancing.
- No personal items will be allowed to stay on the table or floor space inside.
- Bags must be kept in either your car or on the bus. NO LOCKERS WILL BE AVAILABLE
Lift Tickets and Season Passes
- Bittersweet will not restrict ticket or pass sales.
- We encourage season pass holders to purchase their passes online and pick them up pre-season.
- Limited line capacity indoors.
- Ticket selling station will be available outdoors as well.
- Ski and snowboard rentals will be available. However, there is limited capacity in the rental area and you will be asked to wait in line outdoors until entrance is granted.
- Shoes will have to be kept in your car, or an available cubby/ locker (very limited). LOCKERS ARE FOR RENTAL USE/SHOES ONLY!
- Please visit the Ski School page for details https://skibittersweet.com/snow-school-rentals/snow-school-lessons-programs/
Food and Beverage
*Currently all indoor seating is at 25%*
Bar hours: Mon-Thurs 3:30pm-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, & Sun 12pm-9pm
- Face coverings must worn at all times unless eating or drinking
- Do not remove masks until seated.
- Reduced seating time indoors.
- Offerings will be limited this season.
- Rearranging, moving, or reserving tables will NOT be allowed.
- Crockpots/outside food will NOT be allowed.
- Outdoor seating has been expanded.
- The patio grill will be open regularly.
- A limited number of guests will be allowed in the shop at all times.
What We Expect from You
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Face coverings are required when indoors, in lift lines, and when riding chairlifts and rope tows.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to stay outside.
- Resort occupancy will be limited this year and access to the lodge – with the exception of restrooms – is not guaranteed.
- Please think of “booting-up” at your vehicle to limit time spent lingering indoors as well as our new policy of no bags or gear left in the lodge.
- We ask that you spend no longer than 60 minutes at tables indoors due to limited seating.
- Be respectful of employees at all times, including while enforcing COVID-19 related regulations.